Final day of Veganuary – congrats in case you’ve accomplished it! Even in case you didn’t, each little helps! If you wish to eat some cheese or a chocolate bar tomorrow that’s okay. I did Veganuary Three years in the past after which went again to being vegetarian for a bit earlier than going vegan once more – simply take it simple! Maintain the swaps you’ve appreciated and both minimize out those you don’t like or attempt some others ☺️
Dinner tonight was satay tofu with pepper, mange tout and rice. I’ve been loving tofu lately and this was very easy to make. Impressed by the stunning viewmyfood who made satay tempeh earlier this month!
Three tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon maple / agave syrup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
Small tin of coconut milk (165ml)
1 teaspoon chilli flakes (non-compulsory)
1. Combine all of the sauce substances collectively and put aside
2. Get your rice on (I used basmati)
3. Drain your tofu and pat dry with kitchen roll. Squeeze barely to empty some extra water. I exploit the tofooco additional agency so that you don’t really want to press it.
4. Warmth some sesame oil and add the tofu to the pan. Cook dinner on all sides till golden. Take away and put aside
5. Add one chopped pink pepper and a bag of mange touts (chopped) to the pan with a teaspoon of minced garlic and a teaspoon of minced ginger. Stir fry for about 7 minutes till smooth.
6. Add the sauce to the pan and cook dinner down for a few minutes. Add the tofu again to pan and blend via.
7. Spoon the rice into the bowls and prime with the satay combine. High with coriander, sesame seeds and spring onions for crunch 😋